If you haven't thought about it yet, I'd highly recommend each and every couple getting married have a wedding day "emergency kit" to help cope with some of the unexpected twists that might arise come wedding day, as well as the somewhat expected moments, too (tissues, anyone? How about a breath mint?). I'm pretty sure my wedding day emergency kit included things like q-tips and safety pins, but there are a bunch of things I wish I had on me for wedding day.
Here are some ideas for what you can include in yours:
1) Water & Snacks - Wedding day is very, very busy and sometimes people have been known to skimp (or completely miss out) on meals. This is a biggie, because nobody wants to be fainting or feeling ill come wedding day. If at all possible, munch a little bit throughout the day to keep your energy up!
2) Bobby pins, hair ties, and other things to fix you hair - Between hugs, tears, and sweat (hey, we all do it!) sometimes your gorgeously styled hair falls a little flat. If you have a couple of basic tools in your emergency kit, a hair refresh is no problem!
3) Touch ups for your Wedding Day Look - Carry the basics for quick touchups to your look, such as lipstick, mascara, foundation, oils absorbing sheets, and chapstick. Tears of joy can sometimes bring on smudginess, and nobody wants their lips looking dry in those close ups. You'll probably want a small mirror too, so you can see what you're touching up.
4) Tissues! Lots of Tissues! - For everything from tears of joy to blotting a sweaty brow, tissues are a must have in every wedding day emergency kit.
5) Deodorant, Cologne, or Perfume - Nobody wants to be smelly, especially when you're hanging out with your closest family and friends. It's nice to be able to freshen up a bit between the ceremony, the pictures, and the reception. Your brand new spouse will appreciate it too!
6) Sewing Kit - A needle, a few basic thread colors, and a small pair of scissors can come in handy in a lot of situations. Everything from split seams to drooping hems can be addressed quickly, easily, and with minimal impact on your day.
7) Fashion tape - Prevent unwanted wardrobe malfunctions with these items, like a dress that slides down just a little too far or a pants hem that won't stay put.
8) Basic Medical Supplies - Bandaids, antiseptic wipes, OTC pain relievers, Immodium, Pepto Bismol, allergy medication... cover the usual ailments. Everyday aches and pains don't stop for wedding day, so its best to be prepared for literally anything here.
9) Sunscreen & Insect Repellant - Real talk: those pictures in the field are gorgeous, but not without a few additional "visitors." Some products even combine sunscreen with insect repellant, so you can avoid the bugs and save your skin, too! If you're having an outdoor wedding or reception, don't forget to reapply as needed!
10) Baby Powder - One word: Chaffing. Enough said.
11) Dental floss - Because nobody wants to be the one with food in their teeth come picture time.
12) Lotion - Combat dry skin and continue looking fresh and flawless all day.
13) Stain Remover - Keep your wedding day attire picture perfect and avoid unsightly spots on shirts, ties, dresses, and more.
14) Nail File & Clear Polish - Mend a chipped or broken nail rather than having to awkwardly avoid damaging it further.
15) Super Glue - We're serious. Sometimes things break at inconvenient times, and crazy glue looks better than duct tape.
16) Masks & Hand Sanitizer - Health and safety first! For a fun twist, get a mask designed to match your wedding day attire!
17) Cash, ID, and your phone - The necessities of life! Side note: don't forget your charger!
These are some of the basics - but what are some of your must haves for a wedding day emergency kit? Share your ideas in the comments!